top of page
- Tue, Feb 07ZoomWhat do writers have to learn from Casting Directors? A LOT. Our goal this year is to expand this group's knowledge base across all parts of the industry. Do you know what a casting director looks for in a breakdown? Do you know what attracts actors to roles? Our panelists do!
- Wed, Aug 10Location is TBDAre you an aspiring (or current) animation writer? Or just love hearing writers of any kind talk about their craft? Or you know, just never want to miss an opportunity to hang and learn with your ULSC friends? Well, have we got a panel for you!
- Thu, Jul 21Location is TBDIf you've been in the entertainment biz for any amount of time, there's probably been an instance or two where you've kicked yourself for not asking a lawyer's advice.
- Tue, Jun 28Location is TBDin us on Tuesday, June 28th at 1pm PT for a virtual Zoom panel with a roundtable of amazing literary agents! Get answers to all of your burning questions...
- Wed, Jun 22Location is TBDJoin us in Los Angeles and NY for an outing to an art gallery.
- Tue, May 17Location is TBDCome mix and and mingle with your ULSC besties and make new ones! Your network is your net worth, babyyyy.
- Thu, May 12ZoomThis online event will focus on the ins and outs of actually getting your script off the ground. These hands-on producers will give you the real real on pushing your projects forward and getting them produced independently.
- Sun, Apr 10Location is TBDSo we’ve planned an event to help get your headshots knocked out in a cost-effective way! We negotiated a great rate with a professional headshot photographer, JD Dominguez. The price will be between $50-60 a person depending on how many people RSVP.
- Sun, Mar 20Location is TBDSince Omicron slowed our start to the new year, we really wanted to kick it off right. So we've joined forces with The Society (an amazing group of female entertainment execs, reps, and producers)* to bring you a mixer!
- Mon, Nov 15Location is TBDIt's a small gathering with your leadership team and 10 members where we can just chat and get to know each other a little better. In that spirit, if you've already attended a Founders Circle, please sit this one out (and hopefully we'll see your face in January)!
- Wed, Oct 27Location is TBDThe Black List is one of those industry staples we hear about all of the time but that we probably don't know everything about. That's why we invited two executives from their team, Kate Hagen and Megan Halpern, to come explain how to get the MOST out of The Black List. You'll also have time to ask
- Sun, Sep 19SlackTis' the season! Awards season, that is. And it just so happens that The Emmy Awards fall on Women's Friendship Day this year.
- Tue, Sep 14-To answer all of your burning questions related to IP (Intellectual Property), including why it's so hot right now (see what we did there?), we've gathered some industry experts ready to share their knowledge.
- Sat, Jun 12OnlineULSC is partnering with Made In Her Image, a non-profit focused on giving girls and gender non-binary youths of color the opportunity to create their own vision within the realms of film, to create a four-week mentoring program.
- Wed, May 19OnlineDara Eliacin and Christine Bendorf of Impact join us for an info session on all things Impact.
- Wed, Apr 14Location is TBDWe've curated a fantastic group of literary managers looking for new talent and now we're ready to introduce you to them one-on-one!
- Wed, Mar 24Location is TBDSince we can't throw a rager and get the customary we're-turning-four bounce house, AND we're sure everyone's a little tired of Zoom parties full of just staring at each other, we're hosting an entertainment-themed trivia night.
- Tue, Feb 23Location is TBDJoin us via Zoom for our own version of THE MOTH RADIO HOUR. We have four fabulous storytellers ready to regale us with their best stories around our theme, LOVE + ACCEPTANCE.
I am no bird; and no net ensnares me; I am a free
human being with an independent will.
Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre
bottom of page