top of page
- Tue, Feb 07ZoomFeb 07, 10:00 AMZoomWhat do writers have to learn from Casting Directors? A LOT. Our goal this year is to expand this group's knowledge base across all parts of the industry. Do you know what a casting director looks for in a breakdown? Do you know what attracts actors to roles? Our panelists do!
- Wed, Aug 10Location is TBDAug 10, 2022, 9:35 AMLocation is TBDAre you an aspiring (or current) animation writer? Or just love hearing writers of any kind talk about their craft? Or you know, just never want to miss an opportunity to hang and learn with your ULSC friends? Well, have we got a panel for you!
- Sun, Apr 10Location is TBDApr 10, 2022, 11:00 AMLocation is TBDSo we’ve planned an event to help get your headshots knocked out in a cost-effective way! We negotiated a great rate with a professional headshot photographer, JD Dominguez. The price will be between $50-60 a person depending on how many people RSVP.
- Sun, Mar 20Location is TBDMar 20, 2022, 2:00 PMLocation is TBDSince Omicron slowed our start to the new year, we really wanted to kick it off right. So we've joined forces with The Society (an amazing group of female entertainment execs, reps, and producers)* to bring you a mixer!
- Mon, Nov 15Location is TBDNov 15, 2021, 3:00 PMLocation is TBDIt's a small gathering with your leadership team and 10 members where we can just chat and get to know each other a little better. In that spirit, if you've already attended a Founders Circle, please sit this one out (and hopefully we'll see your face in January)!
- Wed, Oct 27Location is TBDOct 27, 2021, 7:00 PMLocation is TBDThe Black List is one of those industry staples we hear about all of the time but that we probably don't know everything about. That's why we invited two executives from their team, Kate Hagen and Megan Halpern, to come explain how to get the MOST out of The Black List. You'll also have time to ask
- Sun, Sep 19SlackSep 19, 2021, 5:00 PMSlackTis' the season! Awards season, that is. And it just so happens that The Emmy Awards fall on Women's Friendship Day this year.
- Sat, Jun 12OnlineJun 12, 2021, 7:00 AM – Aug 08, 2021, 7:00 PMOnlineULSC is partnering with Made In Her Image, a non-profit focused on giving girls and gender non-binary youths of color the opportunity to create their own vision within the realms of film, to create a four-week mentoring program.
- Wed, Mar 24Location is TBDMar 24, 2021, 6:00 PMLocation is TBDSince we can't throw a rager and get the customary we're-turning-four bounce house, AND we're sure everyone's a little tired of Zoom parties full of just staring at each other, we're hosting an entertainment-themed trivia night.
I am no bird; and no net ensnares me; I am a free
human being with an independent will.
Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre
bottom of page